Damascus Fiber Arts School (DFAS) provides an inclusive community space for teaching and inspiring the art and craftsmanship of fiber arts.
DFAS is an Oregon non-profit, community resource that provides opportunities to learn tapestry weaving and its related activities such as spinning and dyeing. DFAS also embraces diverse cultural weaving traditions and techniques.
The following support the mission and vision of DFAS:
1. Instruction, online and in person, for all levels in techniques based in world-wide weaving traditions.
2. Supportive activities such as design, spinning and dyeing.
3. Open studio space for local practitioners.
4. Materials for students and the community in our shoppe.
5. Workshop intensives, lectures and presentations by regionally, nationally and internationally recognized artist practitioners.
6. Demonstrations at public events.
7. Exhibits of local work in regional public and private venues.
8. A reference library of historical and current fiber arts books and publications.
9. Exploration of enhanced digital/online presence beyond our studio operations